Photo Rejuvenation, also known as Broadband Light Treatment, uses pulsed light to gently heat the upper layers of skin. The heat absorbed will stimulate your skin cells to generate new collagen. Your natural skin color will be more blended, smoother and appear vibrant and younger looking. Photo rejuvenation will also eliminate many of the fine vessels that cause redness and the unwanted melanin responsible for pigmented lesions. Your treatment will be tailored to match your skin’s condition and desired results.
Photo Rejuvenation is most commonly used for:
- Most skin areas, usually the face, neck, back of the hands, chest and shoulders
- Fine wrinkles
- Age, sun spots and freckles
- Age and sun spots
- Small facial veins or broken capillaries
- Hemangioma, a red birthmark of extra blood vessels
- Smoothing roughly textured skin
You can expect:
- The treatment to take 30-60 minutes depending on the size of area and type of procedure
- Mild redness and a sunburn like feeling for 2-3 days
- Darkening of pigmented lesions that rise to the surface and fall off in 2-14 days
- Skin sensitivity to ultra-violet light, so you must avoid direct sun exposure until fully healed
- To return to most activities immediately
- Depending on your skin, 3-6 treatments at 4 week intervals
We want you to be informed before making your choices. Our caring team will take the time to listen to your needs and fully explain everything. Each procedure is based on an individual’s body and goals. We will develop a personal plan customized for your needs.
We would be happy to schedule a consultation to answer any questions you may have and provide our recommendation on what we think is best for your situation. You will be well taken care of at HealthPartners Plastic Surgery. We are confident you will be pleased with the results and our excellent care.