Kybella® Double Chin Treatment
Double chin is common in men and women and is caused by aging, genetics and less often, weight gain. It detracts from an otherwise balanced and harmonious facial appearance, leading to an older, heavier look. Kybella® is the only minimally invasive treatment available to treat a double chin.
Kybella® is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin (submental fat), also called “double chin.” It is not known if Kybella® is safe and effective for use outside of the sub-mental area. Kybella® disrupts the fat cell causing it to destroy the fat cell membrane. The body then metabolizes the fatty contents via the normal metabolic pathways. The fat disappears permanently.
Benefits of Kybella®:
- Destroys fat cells when injected into the fat beneath your chin
- Is non-surgical, and takes approximately 15-20 minutes in office
- Is customized to help you achieve individualized treatment goals
- Typically does not require additional treatments once your aesthetic goal is achieved
- Requires minimal to no downtime
- Does not require post-procedural compression garment
We would be happy to schedule a consultation to answer any questions you may have and provide our recommendation on what we think is best for your situation. You will be well taken care of at HealthPartners Plastic Surgery. We are confident you will be pleased with the results.