Jonathan Witzke, MD (Woodbury & St. Paul)
I am certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. My surgical skills and training include a wide range of procedures, including cosmetic surgery, reconstructive surgery, microsurgery and hand surgery. I also provide the latest non-surgical medical skin care procedures and recommend products.
I obtained my undergraduate degree from the University of Wisconsin-Madison and received my medical degree from the University of Minnesota. During my education, I received numerous academic awards and scholarships, including acceptance into the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society.
Following medical school, I completed my training in general surgery at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. After my residency, I completed my fellowship in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Minnesota. Along with my practice, I am also a clinical instructor with the Department of Surgery at the University of Minnesota. I enjoy training future plastic surgeons, residents and medical students.
Donating my time on medical mission trips is important to me, performing cleft lip and palate repairs and a variety of other reconstructive procedures in countries such as Guatemala, Peru and the Philippines. When I’m not at work, I enjoy playing golf, hockey, travelling and spending time with my family, especially my wife and three sons.
My hospital and surgical center affiliations include:
* Abbott Northwestern Hospital in Minneapolis, MN
* Centennial Lakes Surgery Center in Edina, MN
* Fairview Southdale Hospital Edina, MN
* Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN
* North Memorial Hospital in Robbinsdale, MN
* Saint Francis Regional Medical Center in Shakopee, MN
* West Health Surgery Center in Plymouth, MN
My professional memberships include:
* Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS)
* American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
* American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS)
* American Medical Association (AMA)
* Minnesota Medical Association (MMA)
* Twin Cities Medical Society (TCMS)
* Minnesota Society of Plastic Surgeons (MSPS)
* Hitchcock Surgical Society