is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed today throughout the United States. The Breast Augmentation procedure is most often performed using either saline or silicone implants of various sizes, shapes, and textures. Women seek out breast enhancement for a number of personal reasons including:
- To create a more ideal body proportion
- To restore breast volume after weight loss, pregnancy, or age
- To correct a severe breast asymmetry
- To restore breast appearance after trauma or surgery, such as a mastectomy
- Or simply because of a personal aesthetic preference
Whatever your reasons for seeking out breast augmentation, the primary importance is that you are doing it for yourself and have carefully considered all your options and the risks. The most important decision you’ll make is choosing the right plastic surgeon. It’s a good idea to write down any questions you want to remember to ask your prospective plastic surgeon during your initial consultation so you don’t forget.