Laser Hair Removal
We want you to be confident with your appearance by removing unwanted hair. Hair reduction will save you time from shaving so there’s more time to enjoy life’s activities.
Laser hair reduction is done using the Sciton CLEARSCAN or broad band light. The laser targets hair follicles and heats them with infrared energy. Many hairs are treated at once, making it effective for treatment on large areas. Laser hair reduction works for all skin types and the computer-guided scanning system ensures a rapid and even treatment. There are three phases of hair growth – anagen, catagen and telogen. Only hairs in the active growth phase, anagen, are successfully treated. This is why multiple treatments are needed.
Laser hair reduction is used for:
- Most body areas
You can expect:
- A system for cooling your skin that removes heat as it leaves the follicles to ensure a comfortable treatment
- Some redness and slight swelling in the treated area that should go away within a few hours
- The need for 4 to 6 treatments at intervals of 4 to 8 weeks to treat hair in the growth phase
- To not shave the treated area for 1 to 3 days following treatment
- To avoid direct sun exposure or use a zinc based sunscreen with at least SPF 30 when outdoors
We want you to be informed before making your choices. Our caring team will take the time to listen to your needs and fully explain everything. Each procedure is based on an individual’s body and goals. We will develop a personal plan customized for your needs.
We would be happy to schedule a consultation to answer any questions you may have and provide our recommendation on what we think is best for your situation. You will be well taken care of at Cosmetic Plastic Surgeons. We are confident you will be pleased with the results and our excellent care.